Machine Operator - Rincon, GA
We are currently recruiting Machine Operators for the Savannah River Mill. In this role, you will be part of the continued operation and reliability improvements of various production lines. This position will work closely with Manufacturing Engineers, other Advanced Technicians, Reliability Technicians, Technicians, and various members of the product system the technician is assigned to.
This Machine Operator role will work in a high energy, dynamic organization established on the principles of an adaptive work system focused on the execution of reliability strategies. Technicians will learn and apply the equipment theory of operation and the operational processes. This position pays $17/hour and will work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule that includes weekends, holidays, and overtime.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Proactively identify hazards and mitigate risk
- Adhere to safety rules and regulations to include wearing safety equipment as well as high standards for quality and product safety
- Operate, troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment to the desired competitive state
- Flow to the highest value work
- Effectively communicate valuable information to the team using a variety of tools (verbal, written, electronic, etc.)
- Apply knowledge and expertise while building and improving asset strategies:
- Operate equipment within operations targets and limits along with providing feedback on improvements
- Evaluate and execute operator basic care (OBC) and lube routes
- Make recommendations on spare parts strategy
- Actively engage in the execution of Zone Ownership and/ or equipment PPR's (Primary Person Responsible)
- Working in a sometimes hot, cold, humid, dusty and noisy industrial environment
- Working around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substance
- Performing repetitive and physically demanding tasks throughout the 12-hr shift, to include lifting, pushing/pulling, gripping, reaching, sitting, walking, standing, bending, climbing ladders/stairs
- Working and/or operating mobile equipment at heights
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least six (6) months or more of experience in a manufacturing, industrial, farming, construction, and/or military environment
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in a team
What Will Put You Ahead
- Operations experience on converting equipment
- At least one (1) or more years of experience troubleshooting and repairing equipment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com