Production Supervisor- Coater
Who is Guardian Industries?
Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, Guardian Industries is a wholly owned subsidiary of KOCH Industries. When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next Production Supervisor for the Coater Department in our Corsicana, Texas facility!
This role is responsible for leading the team by helping those around them to improve and succeed. Focused on creating long-term value, the Coater Supervisor creates an environment where ongoing business transformation is occurring. This leader is responsible for teaching our team to relentlessly acquire knowledge of technologies and methods, from inside and outside of our organization.
Guardian offers an entrepreneurial environment and a unique culture that focuses on results, playing to win and rewarding employees for their commitment to excellence.
Reporting directly to the Department Manager, the Coater Supervisor, is responsible for the management, supervision, and execution of production operations that minimizes interruptions in operations and ensures employee safety. The Coater Supervisor supervises the unit’s production staff and manages unit’s production budget. He/She understands the role/impact of the plant and is attached to a constant integration of customer focus.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Team – Management & Leadership
- Interact closely with production, operations, plant and functional leaders to ensure customer requirements are being met.
- Develop the production team and raise the competency level.
- Guarantee the efficiency of the production processes for the site (standards implementation & improvement).
- Coordinate all internal flows’ improvement actions (lead time reduction).
- Provide the necessary leadership and direction to integrate continuous improvement in your areas of production.
- Knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations including product and employee safety, and OSHA standards.
- Proven track record of cost control and continuous improvement in your department.
- Provide leadership and direction to the safety of all employees and visitors to the facility.
- Lead, track and improve performance on key location goals and objectives.
- Develop crew members for improving individual and organization performance.
- Lead performance management and corrective action processes for assigned crew.
Culture – Create a culture rooted in MBM values & beliefs
- Assist in evaluate and select the appropriate talent and level of talent to advance our desired culture and profitably staff supply chain functions at the plant.
- Ensure employees connect with how they drive value for the company; identify talent gaps that are obstacles to superior results and coach employees.
- Understand, develop, apply, and coach employees on our culture of Market Based Management® (MBM®).
- Identify Compliance risks and develop gap closure plans to address risks while implementing a systematic approach to maintaining compliance.
- Resolve customer complaints/issues (internal and external); using them as an opportunity to understand the true root cause and develop a plan to resolve the root cause.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in the plant maintenance function and process, aligning with the Guardian vision.
Capability – Develop the Maintenance capability
- Lead a team of production employees working a rotation shift to meet safety, production and performance goals.
- Must ensure a safe work environment by consistently ensuring all employees are wearing proper PPE, performing safe work behaviors and by communicating any and all safety concerns through appropriate channels.
- Responsible for communicating information to the hourly crew members.
- Ensures effective employee relations.
- Provides employee training, coaching and development.
- Assists with incident investigations.
- Tracks absenteeism and timekeeping.
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all performance measures.
- Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Performs other functions as required.
- Participates in hiring process, retention, performance review and discipline
- Continuously improve plant performance through process improvements and lean manufacturing.
- Maintain our plant’s union-free status using positive employee relations.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Sales, Engineering, Warehouse, Shipping, etc.) to optimize production requirements. Work with upstream & downstream people & processes to exceed customer expectations.
The Experience You Will Bring
- College degree in a business-related field or equivalent work experience that indicates a high likelihood of success in the position
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated success in measuring and improving processes to meet organization goals
- Demonstrated experience in leading positive employee relations in order to maintain a union-free environment
- Willingness and ability to work a rotating shift schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate with other departments and managers to work as a team
- Knowledgeable at maintaining accurate employee documentation and files
- Proficiency using MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What Will Put You Ahead
- Supervisory experience working in a fast pace, 24/7/365 manufacturing environment preferred
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com