This job posting is no longer active.
Would you like to work for a company who is committed to their employees’ safety and where you will be recognized for your contributions and initiative? If so, we may have just the opportunity for you! Our Georgia-Pacific, SPG facility in Hattiesburg, MS is currently looking for Machine Operators. The Machine Operator will work twelve (12) hour shifts, to include rotating, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
SPG Holdings (SPG), a Georgia-Pacific Company, is a leading specialty paper packaging supplier focused on providing a quality product and cost savings to our customers in the foodservice and retail napkin industry. We offer our customers a strategic partnership that contributes to their long-term profitability and success
What You Will Do In Your Role
Setting up, operating, and/or tending machines to perform a variety of functions, such as rewinding, folding, printing, gluing, wrapping, boxing, or stacking of paper goods
- Meeting daily production standards
- Inspecting product to ensure quality standards are met
- Performing preventive maintenance and basic machine repair
- Adhering to all safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Maintaining cleanliness of work area throughout shift to ensure a safe and orderly environment
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Working around dust, oil, grease, chemicals and other substances
- Working in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- One (1) year or more experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment, or military experience, OR completion of post high school education in a manufacturing/industrial centered program
- Experience adjusting and repairing industrial or manufacturing equipment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Industrial maintenance or electrical experience
Experience utilizing computerized machinery in a production environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.