Quality Process Leader
Georgia-Pacific has an immediate opening for a Quality Process Leader at our plywood facility in Gurdon, AR. The Quality Process Leader will be responsible for creating and implementing strategies to optimize on-going operations while working injury-free/incident-free in a batch manufacturing environment consistent with our Market Based Management (MBM) philosophy and framework. You will be an integral part of the technical and operations teams that are challenged to manufacture high quality products while eliminating waste. We seek creative and inventive individuals that can conceptualize and profitably engage quality measurements to further improve our products for our customers. At Georgia-Pacific, we are innovative, we manufacture products that make people’s lives easier, and we provide careers, not just jobs for our employees. We foster a culture that values integrity and compliance more than anything else and we encourage our employees to challenge the status quo. If you are interested in joining our team, you can learn more about our Building Products division at www.buildgp.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Support value creation efforts by analyzing process performance and developing key metrics to promote process improvement in safety, environmental, production, quality, value, and yield performance and digital transformation
- Supervise and coordinate production efforts that result in sustained improvement in all associated work processes including Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) Compliance, Reliability, Quality, Production, and Costs
- Use Data Analytics and a structured approach to problem solving
- Develop and apply strategies to optimize on-going production in conjunction with the operations, maintenance, and engineering teams throughout the organization
- Identify gaps and collaborate with key site and divisional personnel to value and prioritize identified opportunities and outline execution strategies accordingly
- Oversight of records as they pertain to product quality including: COA’s, Calibration Records, Production Records, Process Validations, Department Checks, and others as defined by the QMS Manual and Records and Information Compliance Standards
- Manage product quality, value and yield to contribute to the overall success of the facility
- Serve as a liaison between Georgia-Pacific and the 3rd party auditors
- Enforcement of standard operating procedures and coaching of production personnel pertaining to QMS program responsibilities, including quality checks and data collection and oversight of non-compliant products
- Work with Plant Leadership and production personnel in the recognition and correction of noncompliant conditions in all production departments to ensure delivery of prompt and appropriate root cause analysis and corrective actions and act as a gatekeeper for customer claim response
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Supervisory experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Five (5) years of experience as a Process or Quality Engineer, or related discipline
- Two (2) years of experience working in a continuous industrial manufacturing process
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with data analytics and statistics, SQL, Databases
- Lean Six Sigma Training
- Experience in a wood products environment
- Experience working with Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Experience leading product Trials
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com