Product Development Engineer
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Product Development Engineer – Paperboard Coatings for our CPG R&D team. Location is flexible between Atlanta, GA and Neenah, WI. This is a position within the Paper Board Development team where you will drive new product innovation and assist operations to help Dixie® maintain the #1 position in the market. This opportunity will allow you to combine your technical expertise, leadership skills, creativity, and entrepreneurship to have a direct impact on business performance. If you have a passion for connecting technical solutions with business and consumer needs, this could be the right opportunity for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Connecting market and consumer needs to product design, performance, and setting technical specifications/limits on final product design
- Mitigating technical risk by designing and executing experiments, coordinating, and conducting pilot and mill trials, and collecting consumer/market feedback on new paperboard product designs
- Providing technical and project support to our board machines and converting operations.
- Working with business stakeholders, consumer research, mill operations and converting to drive year-over-year cost/product improvements in food service product performance by maximizing volume, minimizing waste, and improving quality across our product portfolio.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key suppliers.
- Solving complex problems, by exercising critical thought, analyzing appropriate data and driving potential recommended paths forward with a creative and open-minded approach
- Developing Intellectual Property strategies that include landscape investigation as well as the creation of invention disclosures and patent applications by partnering with the Legal team and other subject matter experts.
- Providing technical advice on claims, data substantiation, and overall product points of view to our business leaders, operations, manufacturing, sales, and marketing teams
- Improving our R&D organizational performance by continually developing subject matter expertise and coaching/educating our technical community
- Traveling to support work trials on average 25%
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Paper Science, Science or Engineering
- Experience in the formulation and application of paper coatings
- Able to travel domestically to support trial work
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in product development and/or operations support
- Experience working in a Research & Development environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in paper mills including troubleshooting operational and quality issues
- Advanced Degree in Science and Engineering
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience in product development (preferably in paper products)
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
- Experience in food service product design
- Experience building product strategy and innovation pipelines
- Experience with sustainable materials- renewable, compostable, etc.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com