This job posting is no longer active.
Flint Hills Resources is seeking a Logistics Specialist to join the Transportation & Logistics team in Wichita, KS. As a Logistics Specialist, you will be working with internal and external partners to successfully secure rates, bookings, manage inventory and provide analysis. You will have the opportunity to work in and advance our transportation and logistics technology and analytics.
The Logistics Specialist role requires excellent organization skills, attention to detail, strong economic thinking, the ability to apply problem-solving skills, customer focus, strong communication (written and oral), and the ability to successfully collaborate with multiple internal and external customers to ensure safe and efficient logistics operations. The Logistics Specialist must have strong initiative and be able to prioritize their work and follow through on everyday tasks while working in a fast-paced logistics environment. 25% of this role will be interacting and providing backup coverage for different logistics roles supporting the chemical division which will allow candidate to gain knowledge and experience for career development.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Practice Principled Entrepreneurship™ by applying the judgement, responsibility, initiative, economic and critical thinking skills, and sense of urgency necessary to generate the greatest contribution.
- Use economic thinking to challenge and innovate our processes, eliminating wasteful activity.
- Procure rates and service to support our dry van, bulk truck and intermodal movements
- Manage and create mutually beneficial relationships with truck carriers
- Review carrier performance and identify action plans to address gaps in our supply chain
- Become proficient in our transportation and logistics technology suite
- Monitor truck carrier compliance for commercial businesses within RMIS and work to onboard carriers as necessary
- Provide assistance as needed for allocation of inventory to direct customers and transload locations
- Gain a strong understanding of truck scheduling at various sites to be able to execute loads when called upon
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- One or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Management, Finance or Accounting
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in Logistics or Supply Chain in a professional setting
- Able and willing to travel up to 25% of the time for work
What Will Put You Ahead
- At least 3 years of experience in a Supply Chain, Logistics, or Operations role
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or Business
- Experience using Oracle Transportation Management (OTM)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.