This is not your ordinary security job. We are looking for a career-minded individual who wants to join our team of security professionals. As a day shift (6:00am-6:00pm) Security Specialist for Koch Matador Corporate Security LLC., you will interface with multiple technology platforms to control access to properties, monitor critical alarms and perform video surveillance from a 24/7 command center, providing safety and security for Koch employees and assets at our headquarters in Wichita, and sites across the United States. You will also perform security and safety patrols and personally interact with employees and the public. Each Security Specialist will be provided the training and the tools to get started, but it will be your ability to take ownership, exercise good judgement, prioritize activities and be customer focused that will make you successful in this role.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Think like an entrepreneur, focusing on how to provide the best value to our customers
- Be a knowledge seeker and a process improver
- Communicate often with teammates, leaders, and customers
- Respond to medical calls, fire alarms, disturbances, and other emergency situations
- Manage access control, alarm monitoring, and video systems from a control console, sometimes simultaneously
- Correctly respond to routine and emergency situations at our remotely monitored facilities
- Prioritize and respond to radio, phone, email, and face to face requests for service
- Dispatch patrols and coordinate their activities
- Perform basic security risk assessments
- Perform basic troubleshooting of automated security systems
- Correctly interpret video observations and incoming alarms
- Perform foot patrols and vehicle patrols as required
- Review and maintain electronic documents such as call lists, checklists, operating procedures using standard Microsoft Office applications
- Create accurate and detailed written incident reports
A successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Calm and confident under pressure
- Ability to adapt and embrace change
- Ability to interact with stakeholders at multiple levels within the organization
- Ability to work on your own while also being an effective team member
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communicator
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 1 year of experience in one of the following roles: customer-facing/customer service, security related, call center or similar
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to work a 12 hour shift schedule (3-2/2-3) from 6:00am-6:00pm
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to change days off, change shifts and work overtime
- Ability to work outside and in inclement weather
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to obtain certification in First Aid/AED/CPR and willing to administer aid to a sick or injured person
- Able to sit, stand, walk and climb stairs, and do so for extended periods
What Will Put You Ahead
- Private Security experience
- Military Security experience
- Experience with security access control systems
- Experience with security video management systems
- Experience with central station alarm monitoring
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com