Georgia-Pacific’s Consumer Products Division is seeking qualified professionals to consider for an Electrical Engineer position at our Port Hudson, LA facility. Located just north of Baton Rouge, LA and west of Zachary, LA, the Port Hudson mill employs about 350 people and has two tissue/towel paper machines and produces consumer tissue products such as bath tissue and paper towels sold under the Georgia-Pacific brand names of Quilted Northern® and Brawny®. The paper machines are state of the art for manufacturing of premium tissue paper.
The Electrical Engineer plays a crucial role in maintaining equipment reliability through design and execution of effective programs to develop management strategies to manage risk and mitigate the consequences of failures. Thorough knowledge and effective application of condition monitoring is also required to identify early detection of pending failures. The electrical engineer also provides the necessary technical expertise to improve equipment reliability by evaluating and redesigning equipment and systems.
What You Will Do In Your Role
The ideal candidate will possess: problem solving, decision-making and organizational skills. Can work independently & manage multiple tasks. Good interpersonal communication skills, such as advising, recommending & exchanging information. This person will also have demonstrated analytical skills, innovative thinking, team work, communication, accountability and strategic thinking.
- Facilitate development and on-going completion of equipment maintenance strategies.
- Facilitate formal Root-Cause Analysis for failure elimination of bad actors.
- Provide reliability expertise during design and implementation of new assets.
- Working with other engineering disciplines, operations, and maintenance in a team environment.
- Working with contractors and mill personnel on power distribution equipment and testing etc.; managing contractor work effort to support a project schedule.
- Develop and maintain metrics with tracking and reporting systems.
- Knowledge and effective utilization of available predictive maintenance tools.
- Provide technical support to maintenance for precision repair.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering WITH 5 or more years of reliability engineering experience with practical experience working on electrical reliability systems within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment OR Associate’s degree/technical diploma equivalent WITH 7 or more years of experience with practical experience working on electrical reliability systems within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with electrical drives and power distribution
- Experience with root-cause analysis and problem solving
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated skill in organizing work, setting priorities, troubleshooting, and decision making.
- Systems Including: Three phase power distribution, 480V three phase motors with variable frequency drive configurations, AC/DC drives and motors, programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Provide direction on preventive and predictive maintenance of electrical systems.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com