Electrical Reliability Engineer
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a motivated individual with a solid background in electrical engineering to join our team as an Electrical Reliability Engineer at the Savannah River Mill in Rincon, GA.
This role drives and supports reliability improvements to optimize power distribution. The Electrical Reliability Engineer will be the technical resource for work processes that increase asset life cycle and safety compliance. This role interacts with Utilities operations, Georgia Power, corporate resources, maintenance, and engineering to identify and resolve power distribution related issues.
The Savannah River Mill offers a unique opportunity to its team members. The mill is located in a beautiful part of the country in Effingham County with some of the best school systems in the state. It is close to the coast and the great city of Savannah, GA. The mill has established an excellent relationship with its community and participates in many community events. The Savannah River Mill has a very clean environment with virtually no odors. Most of our employees enjoy raising their families here in Rincon, Ga. Some choose to live at the nearby coast with year-round boating and long stretches of beach while others live near or in the great city of Savannah. Savannah is alive any time of year with activities for everyone to indulge. Savannah brims with all kinds of events including architectural tours, music and food festivals, art exhibits, Civil War Re-enactments, bustling nightlife.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Monitor on-going electrical issues to determine root cause for improved reliability; the primary focus points of this role include electrical infrastructure and power distribution, turbine generators, motors, and drives
- Provide Electrical power system design and reliability review for capital projects
- Collaborate with other work groups including maintenance, operations, engineering, and external resources as needed to help develop proactive path forward for equipment issues; this includes equipment upgrades, troubleshooting, and maintenance rebuilds
- Lead problem solving and troubleshooting efforts including formal root-cause failure analysis (RCAs) where needed to develop solutions and implement reliability strategies. Collaborate with other work groups to drive implementation of reliability strategy improvements.
- Support power isolation and permit issuance for electrical installation work and lockouts
- Actively interface with all levels of the organization within the facility and groups outside the facility
- Work toward excellence in Environmental, Health, and Safety and compliance by participation in safety initiatives, identifying, and resolving hazards with critical and high risks
- Ensure organizational effectiveness by advancing MBM® principles and culture
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience with troubleshooting electrical equipment such as motors, drives, generators, PLCs, and other control equipment
- Experience with generator controls and power distribution (13.8kv/4.1kv/480v transformers, breakers, buses)
- Understanding of ANSI relay symbols
- Five (5) or more years of electrical experience in manufacturing field or military environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Experience utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or other similar problem-solving tools.
- Knowledge of DeltaV and SEL Relays
- Knowledge of distributed control systems (DCS), HMI systems, and DC/AC drive systems
- Experience with power modeling and electrical project management
- Knowledgeable of hazardous classification of electrical equipment and NFPA 70e
- Experience using preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Experience with SAP
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.