Manufacturing Working Supervisor
Koch Glitsch, LP is seeking a Manufacturing Working Supervisor in our shop in Wichita, KS for 2nd shift (M-F 3:00pm - 11:30pm). The Manufacturing Working Supervisor will be responsible for supervising a shift in the Fabrication department. We expect our supervisors to work and promote injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will have the desire to lead others while still being a part of the hands-on day to day operations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provide coaching; team development/performance management including writing and delivering performance feedback and compensation reviews
- Build employee commitment and ownership and hold employees accountable
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards
- Monitor product quality and provide direction to employees to maximize efficiency
- Complete data entry responsibilities and generate reports
- Working in a non-climate controlled environment doing physical work to include bending, squatting and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Work closely with design, fabrication, and weld to obtain required parts
- Collaborate with different departments to overcome obstacles
- Work alongside employees to setup equipment for inspection and crate parts
- Develop relationships with employees to maximize value contribution and develop them to reach their full potential
The Experience You Will Bring
- Leadership experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience writing and delivering performance feedback
- Fabrication experience
- Knowledge of Lean Techniques
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com