Transactional Attorney - Shareholder Support
Koch Companies Services, LLC is looking for a Transactional Attorney to join our Shareholder Support team. This role will manage the execution of transactions and projects that support Koch family members, business entities, and non-profit organizations. This is an exciting opportunity to join a world-class team and will provide exposure to a broad range of subject matters and practice areas, including estate planning, tax, corporate governance, contracts, partnerships, investments, real estate and charitable organizations/giving. This position will be a part of a rapidly growing area of our business and will have the opportunity to be involved in creating and building out processes and operating procedures as we continue to grow and scale. This role will be based in Wichita, KS and can entail up to 10% travel.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- May advise on and execute legal aspects of approved Shareholder Support transactions, including drafting, review, and execution of documents
- Provide corporate governance oversight for family-owned businesses, non-profit organizations, and other domestic entities
- Review various types of trusts, contracts, agreements, and other documents from a legal perspective
- Manage and work closely with outside counsel and internal legal support staff to ensure transactions and projects are completed on time
- Partner with business units, accounting, treasury, and tax planners to execute transactions and manage various ongoing projects
- Identify opportunities for innovation and efficiency and share ideas for transformation to drive value creation within the Shareholder Support team
The Experience You Will Bring
- 3+ years of previous legal experience
- Experience with MS Office applications, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Teams, and Excel
- Document review and drafting experience
- Law degree from an accredited law school and license to practice in at least one state
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in an accounting, finance, and/or tax role
- Experience with estate planning, tax, partnerships, project management, contracts, or corporate governance.
- CPA, LLM, or other tax/financial certifications
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com