Georgia-Pacific is seeking qualified professionals to consider for the Manufacturing/Automation Engineer position at our Port Hudson, LA facility. Located just north of Baton Rouge, LA and west of Zachary, LA, the Port Hudson mill employs 350 people and has two tissue/towel paper machines and produces consumer tissue products such as bath tissue and paper towels sold under the Georgia-Pacific brand names of Quilted Northern® and Brawny®. The assets are highly automated and state of the art.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the ability to challenge the status quo to facilitate continuous improvement; collaborate across roles and diverse groups, gather and share feedback; stay current in best practices and be a continuous learner; develop and improve asset strategies for reliable operations, manage routine outages and improvement projects for assigned asset base; have strong communication, presentation, planning and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize; excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strategic thinking skills; analytical problem solving skills – ability to troubleshoot; and chemical and mechanical aptitude.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensure excellence in the areas of personal and process safety management.
- Support the creation of an environment where the team achieves zero significant incidents in Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Support the implementation of complete asset strategies and facilitate zone ownership strategy and operator basic care execution by transferring ownership to operators and technicians to operate, maintain and improve assets.
- Lead the effort to identify, investigate, recommend, and implement equipment improvements, new systems and process changes that will improve reliability, productivity, yield, quality and/or reduce costs.
- Execute and optimize Georgia-Pacific reliability and asset strategies for assigned assets.
- Provide technical expertise and transfer knowledge to operators/technicians, and other team members as needed.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of safety, asset reliability, cost optimization, quality capability, productivity and strategic capital planning and execution
- Obtain Engineering and Project Management resources on capital improvement projects
- Position team for constant continuous improvement
- Interface with Shift Leaders, Performance Leader, Skill Developers, and operators/technicians to identify and address knowledge gaps
- Develop/verify skills of others in the team system
- Work with support personnel resolving short term reliability issues
- Manage financial plan for the area
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering WITH one or more years of experience in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment, OR a high school diploma WITH minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools with an emphasis on Excel, Word, functional databases, and data analysis
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in a tissue/towel paper mill or converting operation; or similar manufacturing operation
- Leadership experience to include either responsibility for direct reports or project leadership
- Experience using PI ProcessBook, or similar application of process monitoring
- Experience applying Root Cause Analysis techniques
- Experience in a maintenance role supporting manufacturing operation
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com