ASM Instrument Manager
Flint Hills Resources is looking for a ASM Instrumentation Manager to join our team in Corpus Christi, TX. This role will create value by setting the vision and leadership to execute and transform the asset management capability.
Flint Hills Resources in Corpus Christi, Texas has career opportunities for you in our refining business and we are looking for great people to grow with us. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of an industry leading company, this may be the opportunity for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Site wide owner of instrumentation asset management
- Direct and indirect supervision of team of 17 engineers and technicians
- Develop Strategic and Tactical plans to deliver Flint Hills Resources refinery vision
- Provide technical assistance/guidance to BIEs, PLT, BLT, Strategic Projects, and RLT on IRTG business and equipment needs / issues
- Support the IRTG Tech Team’s equipment lifecycle improvement and technology selection efforts
- Develop and sharing best practices & lessons learned cross-site
- Ensure the development and ownership of IRTG lifecycle and technology programs, including appropriate PM strategies and lifecycle documentation
- Foster the decision-making framework (DMF) process among IRTG engineers and leads to drive the advancement of projects per the business plan
- Prepare and manage base spending plans in accordance with refinery goals, equipment lifecycle plans, and budgeting process to optimize the cost effectiveness of group support
- Communicate existing and emerging business and equipment issues with group personnel and refinery leadership as appropriate while encouraging transparency of issues and transparency of risk at all levels
- Lead the adoption and development of innovation transformation in work processes and tools
- Provide Guidance and Quality assurance to Maintenance teams
- Investigation and Root cause analysis on Equipment Failures
- Provide guidance on equipment selections
- Standards development owner
- Responsible for stewardship and compliance for Instrument and Analyzer programs site wide
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ten (10) or more years' experience in operations and leadership
- Instrumentation or Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent years of experience including Industrial Instrumentation leadership
- Experience developing and maintaining Plant wide Safety instrumented systems
- Experience working with SIS “Safety Instrumented Systems” in a plant wide setting
- Coaching and mentoring experience to include personal & team development
- Experience working with analyzers and air emissions equipment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid TWIC badge. NOTE: This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technical Discipline
- Fifteen (15) more more years' direct leadership of instrumentation and analyzer engineering in larger Refinery / Industrial setting
- Ten (10) or more years’ experience in a lead engineering role
- Turnaround Scoping development experience
- SIS Program development experience
- DCS (Delta V , PLC ) Experience
- Plant Leadership experience leading large groups
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com