Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible and economically sound. Georgia-Pacific is an independently managed and operated company of Koch Industries, Inc., a private company headquartered in Wichita, Kansas.
The Project Engineer will provide project engineering and project management expertise required to support the Sweetwater Gypsum Complex capital execution plan and operations. The Project Engineer will be responsible for development, design, procurement, construction, and start-up of various projects within the Complex.The position requires the ability to manage multiple projects. The role will have direct impact on safety, cost reduction, and process improvement at our facilities.
This role might require some travel to other facilities, training, and vendors.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- The Project Engineer is a subject matter expert supporting capital/maintenance projects for the Sweetwater Complex. A successful candidate will:
- Lead single or multiple capital/maintenance projects for the Sweetwater Complex while gaining knowledge, developing subject matter expertise to be recognized that create value and competitive advantage.
- Project oversight through direct support to operating group, design team, field teams, and management in the form of process calculations, general arrangement layouts, drawings estimates, cost management / forecasting, scheduling, manage escalations to resolution, report out on safety successes/failures, regularly report on tracking metrics, reprioritization and reallocation of resources as appropriate, assist in creating plan adjustments where applicable, consistently apply knowledge acquired across entire network as needed and when applicable.
- Subject Matter Expert: Provide guidance to operating management, field teams, discuss progress with Senior Leadership, present data validating project priority/status, implement existing/new technology that will enhance processes, quality, and/or product yield; and identify and gain endorsement for scope and deliverable changes necessary to ensure success.
- Vendor Management: Identification, assessment of services for understanding and alignment of Georgia Pacific’s ’s expectations and approach to doing business, and escalations.
- Provide technical coaching to project teams, influence senior leadership to best business outcomes, leverage Risk Management System in emphasizing safety commitment among project teams.
- Adhere to compliance and company standards and ensure expectations are followed through project completion
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a minimum of 10 years project engineering/management experience
- Ability to see things in three dimensions, space relations
- Ability read blueprints/drawings and complete materials take offs
- Ability to develop, alter drawings and communicate through sketches
- Ability to use measuring devises commonly used in the industry
- Ability to use computers and associated programs
- Project Scoping, Project cost estimation, Project scheduling
- Project involvement from development through completion
- Continuous operations experience
- Experience using Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and AutoCAD
- Ability to travel to other facilities, suppliers or customer sites to support business needs 10-20% of the time
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Mechanical and Process Engineering concepts and applications in a manufacturing environment
- Direct experience on Gypsum Manufacturing equipment
- PMP Designation
- Software – Ecosys and Autodesk suites (Inventor)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com