Senior Bigdata Java Developer (i360)
i360 is seeking a Senior Bigdata Java Developer to join its data operations team. With your technical expertise, you will design, implement and improve processes, procedures and automation for all database-centric areas. You will maintain our relational database systems and NoSQL systems for performance and reliability. You are responsible for tuning and configuring our databases and data platforms, as well as building tools and scripts to monitor, troubleshoot and automate our systems. You propose test plans and interface with other teams, developers and application owners to arrive at optimal solutions. Successful candidates will solve problems unique in scale and concept in the pursuit of new and original features. So bring your ingenious mind, great team spirit and excellent communication skills to this great opportunity at i360.
To be considered, candidates must be creative, passionate about process improvement, and strong technical ability in the following areas:
- Strong understanding of RDBMS concepts and query optimization
- Experience in Java with JDBC and concurrent processing
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Cassandra, and HBase
- Experience building, scaling and maintaining high volume systems
- Experience in working with Kafka, RabbitMQ or other messaging technologies
- Knowledge of version control software’s like Git, SVN, and TFS
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix work environment
- Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Design, architect, and build end to end SQL and NoSQL database solutions. This includes determining business requirements, recommending appropriate technologies, architecting and developing code, mentoring team members, overseeing QA and deployment processes
- Code applications that adhere to enterprise design patterns
- Load and process disparate data sets using appropriate technologies including but not limited to SQL Server, Elasticsearch, Spark, Java and Kafka
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
The Experience You Will Bring
- BA/BS or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Statistics
- 5+ years' of experience and strong understanding of RDBMS concepts, query optimization
- 5+ years of experience in Java with JDBC and concurrent processing
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with Spring framework, AOP, JPA and REST
- Experience with building RESTful web services
- Experience with Cloud system architecture and design, large scale streaming data processing
- Experience in automation area for database technologies using Chef or Puppet
- Experience coding in C#, Python, R, GO, Rust etc.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com