I & E Technician (Austin or Mustang Ridge, TX)
Flint Hills Resources is seeking a highly motivated Instrumentation & Electrical Technician with the ability to work independently while using good judgment in Austin, TX or Mustang Ridge, TX and surrounding areas. The right candidature will be creating value for the Pipelines & Terminals organization while using critical thinking skill to solve problems.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Specification, installation, testing and repair of all types of electrical / electronic equipment used in the operation of Truck loading facilities and Pipeline pump stations.
- Specify, install and program all types of PLC, flow computer and other metering and communication equipment, work on motors, valves, actuators, meters, transmitters and complete required documentation
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems up to 4160 VAC
- Read and interpret blueprints and understand and apply the National Electrical Code
- Support daily pipeline and terminal operations as training and qualifications allow
- Provide on call rotational support for local area facilities
The Experience You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience working on all types of industrial electrical and electronic equipment including but not limited to motors, valves, actuators, meters and transmitters. This includes both installation, routine maintenance and troubleshooting
- 1+ years of experience installing/maintaining flow computers, PLC, and communications equipment
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical one-lines and understand and apply the National Electrical Code
- Electrical skills (AC/DC Voltages) with proven ability to test voltages of 3 phase power
- Mechanical, maintenance, and electrical skills
- Computer Knowledge including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and proprietary database
- Valid driver's license
- High School Diploma or GED
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous leadership experience in the maintenance field
- Small project planning, budgeting and execution
- 10+ years of experience working on all types of industrial electrical and electronic equipment including but not limited to motors, valves, actuators, meters, transmitters, flow computers and PLC equipment
- 6+ months of experience with Management of Change (MOC) documentation
- 3+ years of liquid or gas pipeline experience
- 3+ years of truck loading terminal experience
- OSHA and NFPA 70E training / application experience
- Two-year Technical (electrical or instrumentation) Degree
- HAZWOPER trained
- PLC Programming experience
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing rule or “TWIC” and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf