Operational Excellence - Float Glass Engineer
The Operations Performance – Float SME will be responsible for new and existing process development and improvements. The candidate will be able to work in a collaborative work setting as well as communicate with Guardian manufacturing facilities throughout the world.
The desired candidate will provide technical glass knowledge to support complex, multi-disciplinary technology advancement projects. The candidate must interact with research, regional operations and local plant personnel to develop a point of view on current and future process improvements and drive long-term value creation for Guardian Glass.
This role can be located remotely, or at any of our Guardian Glass locations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Provides support to plants on melting, forming, annealing and glass cutting issues.
- Experience in float glass technical management and float glass production is strongly desired. Must have a very strong technical and production 'education'.
- Leads Float line projects / conducts designed experiments to understand the manufacturing process and to improve efficiencies / improve product quality.
- Glass properties and performance: targets glass property adjustment and maintenance with raw material changes.
- Performs furnace and tin bath audits and provides recommendations for maximizing manufacturing performance and asset life.
- Operating Envelope
- Identifies and facilitates creation of Proven Practices for Stable Operations
- Key Process Lever Development and Monitoring
- Facilitates Knowledge Sharing.
- Work with Capabilities (Quality, Reliability, Engineering) to support effort and identify gaps
- Data driven: experience with complex projects. Ability to analyze problems quickly and develop applicable corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Capable of troubleshooting the entire scope of Float line activities and processes.
- Coordinate with EngEx and OpEx on Scope addition of new technologies early in the process of CTR’s
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
Perform a broad range of work with minimal supervision while receiving guidance on more complex process and operational issues from management. Provide leadership to projects and initiatives for short and long term float value creation.
The Experience You Will Bring
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Materials, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, or in Materials / Ceramic Science or Associates Degree and 5 or more years of work experience working in a float glass or other glass manufacturing industry.
- Float glass process knowledge and experience in full scale manufacturing and development using production scale equipment.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Solid technical writing and presentation skills
- General personal computer knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Strong communication skills are required to project information in a professional manner to both technical and non-technical groups
- Open minded with a strong desire to work with and contribute to an innovative team
- The position will require travel in the range of 30-40%.
- Depending on candidate location, could be located in any region of Guardian Glass
What Will Put You Ahead
- Solid educational or work experience and experimental foundation with a working knowledge of glass process development and manufacturing.
- Practical and theoretical understanding of tin bath and annealing operations across all products to support operational improvements across all Guardian Float Glass Plants
- Project management and executing of projects that require multi-functional involvement for implementation
- Lean/Six Sigma Experience
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com