Flint Hills Resources is actively seeking a Strategic Buyer to work in our Wichita, KS headquarters in our Procurement organization. We are looking for entrepreneurial, highly motivated, detail-oriented individuals with innovative ideas; an intense desire to learn, improve and grow; and a strong sense of community. Flint Hills Resources needs principled individuals of exceptional talent to fill these positions. Our Market Based Management business philosophy creates an environment that inspires employees to contribute knowledge and ideas, allowing them to flourish and feel rewarded.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Partner with procurement to support internal & external customers
- Analysis and processing of purchase orders
- Purchase order and invoice exception review
- Collaborate with vendors for long lead items
- Maintain strong relationship with Vendors, both verbal & written
- Involved in both Simple/Tactical Sourcing
- RFP support and analysis
- Light Contracting
- Contribute to a strong team environment with individual and team goals
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree OR minimum of 1 year experience working in a professional environment
- Strong communication & Interpersonal skills
- Ability to be on call - this role will require participation in an on-call rotation schedule
- Ability to travel 10-15% (overnight stay may be required)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience processing procurement transactions
- Experience working in a customer service role
- At least one or more years of experience of working knowledge with Microsoft Office 365 Products - Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, PowerBI, etc.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com