Power Plant Operator
Plant Utility Operator - Rincon, GA
The responsibility of thePower Plant Utility Operatoris to work with the Utilities Operating team in achieving goals/improvement of key factor results such as safety, environmental compliance and controls, asset strategy improvement, housekeeping, and reliability. This operator will be expected to use mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills to support reliable operations for the Savannah River Mill. They will work to further develop personal skills, knowledge, and capabilities for the role. In addition, this operator will be faced with having to make quick decisions that could stabilize the plant during upset conditions. Some of the work will require the operator to work outside in varying weather conditions. This position pays $20.00 an hour and will work a rotating shift schedule which includes weekends and holidays. Pay Rate is $20/hour
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing operational monitoring and troubleshooting solid fuel fired high pressure boilers
- Operation and monitoring of gas and steam turbine generators
- Operation and monitoring of compressed air, cooling towers, and heat exchangers systems
- Maintaining compliance of SRM environmental standards
- Adhering to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required
- Sampling and quality testing of steam and water systems
- Performing lubrication, trouble shooting, and basic maintenance of powerhouse equipment
- Perform repetitive and physically demanding routine tasks such as lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs, pushing/pulling, gripping, reaching, sitting, walking, standing, bending, climbing ladders/stairs
- Ability to interface with computers to monitor and log operational equipment data.
- Self-directed with good communication skills
- Working in an environment/ contact with coal, grease, chemicals, and other substance
- Able to work in high and/or confined spaces
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience reading gauges (pressure, temperature)
- Experience organizing, scheduling, and executing tasks, as well as learn and apply new skills
- Experience with using basic hand and power tools such as wrench, hammer, and drills
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of power plant safety policies, procedures and operations specifically in areas of water treatment, steam and power distribution systems
- Experience with operating heavy equipment, rotating machinery, chemical handling and lubrication
- Experience working in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with SAP and Kronos programs
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com