SR ACCOUNTANT / ACCOUNTING MANAGER
This job posting is no longer active.
We are seeking Critical Thinkers and Problem Solvers for a Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager position within the Corporate Fixed Assets Center of Excellence in Atlanta, GA.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager with a proven background using critical thinking for problem solving, showing initiative, working with a sense of urgency, and successful at multi-tasking on projects and tasks looking to take their career to the next level.
Key qualities for success will include a passion for process improvement, a talent for working with financial systems and reporting tools, an inherent high level of integrity, and effectiveness to support our guiding principles.
This visible role will be working with fixed assets and capital accounting across all of Georgia Pacific.The role will be responsible for accurate accounting, reporting, and working on innovative projects to automate reporting and accounting processes.In this hands-on role, the senior accountant/accounting manager will also be building relationships by giving guidance and direction in accounting and policies to internal customers across GP businesses and tax.
The role offers the opportunity to gain an excellent knowledge of accounting systems, as well as build an understanding of the multiple business operations and manufacturing assets.The knowledge and experience provided by this position provides an excellent platform for future career growth within the company.
This position creates value for the company by 1) partnering with business controllers and accountants to guide them in effective financial controls 2) ensuring the accuracy of the fixed asset data for financial and tax requirements.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participate in process improvement projects and automation with the FAS system and reporting
- Build reporting data to be used by internal customers
- Active participation in accounting and reporting of fixed asset balance sheet and P&L information
- Provide accurate and timely services to various corporate customers including business accounting, capital center of excellence, business planning, tax, legal, and external auditors. This includes reporting, policy, and accounting guidance to resolve issues and create opportunities.
- Integrate fixed asset data from acquired companies to Georgia Pacific’s systems
- Perform monthly closing activities for the FAS system including reconciliations and other financial controls
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or Business
- College coursework that includes: Intermediate, Managerial, and Cost Accounting
- At least 3 years of experience in an accounting or financial role
- Experience with mining and converting data into meaningful information through leveraging software and other state of the art tools
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel (i.e. - spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formulas creation etc.) PowerPoint (presentation creation and editing) and MS Word (document creation, formatting and editing etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience managing projects
- Information Technology / Accounting Information Systems education or experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Experience in Public Accounting or Large Company Corporate Accounting
- Experience implementing ERPs or Fixed Asset systems
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.