Sr Engineer 1, Manufacturing Systems
What You Will Do In Your Role
Supervisory roles (30%)
- Lead and provide coaching to Engineers, Specialist or Technician. Train them to develop continuous improvement of Digital Systems to achieve agreed goal set.
- Responsible for leading key activities within the automation department.
- To conduct training, if applicable, to employees within the plant to ensure proper usage of the developed systems.
- Involves in task force or small group activities such as COPQ reduction with the GLSS team.
Technical roles (70%)
- Establish and manage project teams, identifying deliverables, time, and cost, setting priorities, and reporting to meet the needs of the business.
- New systems – responsible for working with Stamping, Molding, Plating, Assembly, QA, GLSS and ensuring the release for production use.
- Engage with stake holders for business needs (internal) and develop best fit solutions for the requirements.
- Design and develop new information dashboards.
- Ensure data accuracy of data moved to MII (Shop floor information system)
- Identify, specify, and introduce new manufacturing intelligence methods and opportunities into the company.
- Support MES related activities
- Develop, Improve and Maintain Data extraction, analysis, and custom reports.
- Manage the implementation of new MII modules from the Global Information Team.
- Responsible for equipment transfer to and from other entities, in terms of control systems and software
- Test and maintain all workflow systems, analyzing and documenting results
- Presenting frequent progress reports
- Continued education (attending conferences, reading publications, etc.) and staying on top of new technological developments and software programs
- Work closely with all operations to improve quality level of data and workflow.
- To comply to MBM Guiding Principles for the job carry out under his responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned by the Management.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Must have knowledge in computer systems, and high-level knowledge of software applications on PLC’s, vision control system with preferable experience in integrated manufacturing systems
- Must have high level knowledge of Industrial Networks architectures (Ethernet IP, Control Net & Profibus)
- Experience of working on an MES system will be a bonus
- Knowledge of machine control systems
- Working knowledge of OPC UA
- Proven scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Good networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Solid understanding of business process mapping
- Strong mathematical and engineering knowledge
- Experience with Beckhoff PLC (is an advantage)
- Good understanding of GAMP 5 guidelines
What Will Put You Ahead
- Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in technical project management
- 3 years of experience in manufacturing environment preferred