Technical Engineering Supervisor
INVISTA (Canada) Company’s Kingston Site located in Kingston, Ontario has an immediate opening for a Technical Engineering Supervisor. It is one of the city’s largest employers with over 700 employees dedicated to the production of quality products used in the automotive airbag, carpet fiber, and engineering polymer industries. As part of Kingston Site’s Technical Team, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with an aim to improve and transform our manufacturing technology and processes for nylon 6,6 polymers and high tenacity fibers.
At Kingston Site we believe employees create exceptional value for our shareholders and customers through high quality products that save and enrich lives. We do this through the strength and capabilities of our people and the application of new ideas and technology. We are looking for motivated and talented people who will help us meet the challenge of leading rapid experimentation, pursuing continuous innovation and creating long-term value for customers and society. INVISTA is an independently managed but wholly owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc, one of the largest privately held companies in the world with a presence in nearly 60 countries.
To thrive in our Market Based Management® culture, you must show initiative, be results driven, and have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Above all you must ensure that all your activities are carried out with integrity and in a safe and efficient manner.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- The role consists of providing leadership to a team of process engineers and process support to our Operations facilities at Kingston Site, including:
- Providing leadership and support to the team, helping guide the prioritization of projects and operations support
- Fostering an environment of principled entrepreneurship and innovative thinking that drives excellence in our safety, quality and business results
- Using data analytics and economic thinking to identify and develop value propositions for new ideas that improve safety, reliability, quality and yield
- Leading and delivering innovative experiments, process optimizations and capital projects to improve site competitiveness
- Troubleshooting our production processes and applying Root Cause Analysis methodologies
- Building strong collaborative relationships with other teams and leaders across the site and the business
- Mentoring and developing the team, helping to build on their innate abilities, creating business value and personal fulfilment.
- Demonstrated initiative of a Principled Entrepreneur, who challenges the status quo, prioritizes based on risk and value, is solution-oriented, and meets deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, contributing positively in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to ongoing learning and developing new skills
- A willingness to embrace and live the core values of Market Based Management®
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience supervising/leading a team
- Project Management experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Ability to analyze large data sets to generate knowledge systems that present actionable information.
- Experience in automation and/or proven ability to create, design and implement creative and ground-breaking ideas
Do you enjoy discovering a better future state? Are you motivated by seeing the results of your work in the end-product? Do you want to learn more about the INVISTA experience? Watch this!
Who is INVISTA?
INVISTA is one of the world’s largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon applications. We deliver exceptional value for our customers through market insights, technological innovations, and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks. Our Guiding Principles – Integrity, Respect, Humility, Knowledge, Self-actualization, Principled Entrepreneurship, Stewardship & Compliance, and Transformation – define the INVISTA culture. If those words are in your DNA, then please submit your resume via the application link.