PLC Electrical Technician
PLC Electrical Technician
We are currently seeking an experienced PLC Electrical Technician for our Emporia, VA plywood manufacturing facility. This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring a thorough understanding of safe work practices, troubleshooting, and maintaining manufacturing equipment/processes. Maintenance team members will be expected to possess and refine multiple skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Programming, troubleshooting, and maintaining advanced PLC/5 and Control Logix
- Reading assembly drawings, schematics, and equipment layouts
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing electronic circuits
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, and replacing control devices
- Understanding and using data to improve productivity
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Assisting crew members and work in team environment
- Helping meet or exceed production waste and quality goals
- Helping on any shift, including holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 3 years of Electrical Controls experience in a manufacturing setting
- At least 1 year of PLC programming and troubleshooting experience
- Experience reading technical drawings and schematics
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining pneumatic systems
- Experience troubleshooting hydraulic equipment, circuits, and components
- Utilize some personal hand tools on the job
What Will Put You Ahead
- Two (2) year technical degree
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $34.72 hour.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf