Koch Business Services is a global center for Koch Industries, Inc., the second-largest private company in the U.S. with estimated annual revenue as high as $100 billion, according to Forbes. As a global provider, we’re big on innovation and meeting the business needs of Koch Companies worldwide. We serve more than 120,000 employees worldwide and partner with different Koch companies from diversified industries. At the foundation of our approach is Market-Based Management®, which prepares individuals to deal successfully with the challenges of growth and change while fostering a healthy, growing organization. We encourage each other to take initiative and to challenge the status quo.
The Network Services Analyst will report to the Operations Team Lead based at KGSI and will be part of a global team which is currently supporting 24/5 for all Koch companies. The incumbent will be expected to work in rotational shifts, collaborating and working with third party providers, end-users, as well as within the Network Operations team spread across the globe, to deliver a superior consumer/customer experience. If you are passionate in developing and implementing innovative network solutions, this is the role for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Providing ticket escalation support for operational issues and supporting the operational queue rotation
- Interacting with customers to assist in resolving customer issues, communicate resolution status, and deliver high quality solutions
- Identifying process gaps or areas for improvement in operational efficiencies and recommend/implement solutions
- Collaborating as part of a cross functional team, delivering networking solutions in an expedient manner
- Engaging in opportunities to expand on existing skillset in attempt to increase knowledge.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
The Experience You Will Bring
- 4+ years’ experience with enterprise / managed service provider network solutions including Local Area Network (LAN), different Wide Area Network (WAN), Wireless, services.
- 2+ years Practical experience with all common transport and routing protocols
- Good hands-on experience with BGP, OSPF, PBR, STP, VLAN, HSRP, & Cisco Wireless
- Strong knowledge of Cisco IOS and familiarity with the Cisco product line
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology preferred, candidates with other related tertiary education but possessing additional years of relevant experience will also be considered
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Apply critical thinking and good judgement when dealing with ambiguity
- Having prior experience in interacting and collaborating with people from other nationalities would be considered favorably
- Automation / Scripting desirable
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
What Will Put You Ahead
- More than 4+ years of network administration experience and supporting large enterprise networks
- Good Knowledge on Routing Protocols (BGP, OSPF, PBR, NAT)
- Good Knowledge on Switching (STP,VLAN, VTP HSRP)
- Good Knowledge on Cisco Wireless, Meraki, Cisco ISE(Access Point, Flex Connect, WLC).
- Good to have knowledge on Silver Peak, Load-balancer (F5, NetScaler’s)
- To be able to provide effective support to our customers, candidate must be willing to remain contactable 24x5 through a company-provided smart phone.