Manager, Design Assurance
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies – Manager, Design Assurance
***Location - Willingness to relocate to Northwest Washington state (e.g. Blaine or Lynden, WA) required due to frequent visits to our Langley, BC, Canada facility.
At Genesis, there is no such thing as a dull moment. The path we are on is full of excitement, energy and exploring new frontiers. Picture having your own front row seat to the robotics revolution and the future of motion technologies. This is the journey Genesis has traveled since the company’s inception. The best part? We are just getting started.
Genesis is seeking a strategic engineering leader with to guide all aspects of our Design Assurance functions. Reporting to the VP, Product Development, you will lead our Test Engineering, Reliability Engineering, and Compliance teams.
June 2021 marked the launch of LiveDrive LDD 1800 Series – a family of high-performance direct drive motors that are disrupting the automation landscape. This was the first launch in a line of many products, all of which you will have a key role in developing. Your mission is to ensure that high quality, high reliability products are delivered to our customer. We need a nimble, scalable, and effective Design Assurance framework that effectively accommodates the needs of our NPI launch plans.
Our Guiding Principles of Humility, Integrity, Respect, Knowledge, Principled Entrepreneurship, Transformation, Self-Actualization, and Stewardship & Compliance define the Genesis culture. As a leader, you will demonstrate behavior that is consistent with these principles and develop a team environment consistent with our culture. If those virtues are in your DNA, then please send us your resume.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead, manage, and mentor a growing team of Test Engineering, Reliability Engineering, and Product Compliance professionals; currently a group of ~12 with additional growth planned. At Genesis, developing your team is not just one more thing to do, it is your primary responsibility.
- Develop and continually evolve systems and processes to enable operational excellence in Design Assurance
- Develop a team culture that takes pride in creating extraordinary value for customers while enhancing and modeling our Guiding Principles (above)
- Collaborate closely with product development, product management, sales, business development, and other stakeholders within the organization
The Experience You Will Bring
- 10+ years experience working with electric motors in a Design Assurance or product development capacity
- 15+ years experience in various Design Assurance capacities
- At least 8 years experience leading technical teams in Test Engineering, Reliability Engineering, or Product Compliance
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Highly flexible and adaptable; demonstrated success in dynamic, fast changing environments
- Strong entrepreneurial and continuous improvement mindset
- Exemplary change leadership, influencing, and organization skills
- Excellent collaborator - able to take different approaches as appropriate to the situation and the people involved
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, or Electrical Engineering
- Able and willing to travel internationally, up to 10% of the time
- Willingness to relocate to within driving distance from Langley, BC, Canada; due to the close proximity Genesis' facilities are to the US/Canada border, driving frequently from just south of the border in Northwest Washington state is a viable option
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Strong knowledge of gears, gearboxes, and/or electric actuators
- Power electronics and embedded controller knowledge is also a plus
- Background in robotics or industrial automation
Who is Genesis Robotics?
Genesis Robotics & Motion Technologies develops and commercializes innovative actuation technologies, including electric motors and gears, for robotics and other end markets. Our core patented product is a high-torque direct drive robotic actuator – the LiveDrive™. The LiveDrive™, along with a growing portfolio of other motion technologies, will power the world’s fastest, safest, and most versatile robots.
Located in Langley, British Columbia, our rapidly growing team is currently made up of 150+ individuals with diverse skillsets: Engineers, designers, physicists, mathematicians, highly skilled machinists and fabricators, business development, and sales professionals.
As a part of the Koch family, we can leverage the capabilities and strength of one of the world’s largest private companies as we look to bring our technologies to the world.
Learn about the Humans of Genesis on our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/genesis-robotics
See more at our website: http://www.genesis-robotics.com/
and on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD5azmfUwUcfAvJn8jl1_eg
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com