Principle Mechanical Engineer - New Product Development
This job posting is no longer active.
Molex is seeking an experienced Principle Mechanical Engineer to design, model, analyze, and characterize high-speed connectors, cables, and systems in our Copper Solutions IO enterprise team. In this role you will provide technical expertise in connectors and cable design and development for data storage systems and telecommunications. This is a dynamic group of highly skilled engineers that will provide an opportunity for constant learning and innovation. This role will be leading projects and designing new products that will make an impact on our customers and their products. The successful applicant will have the ability to appropriately plan and see assignments through to completion with minimal direction as well as provide leadership to other team members; develop and meet project schedules, along with contingency plans; accurately quote design, tools/equipment, and parts; and systematically solve problems of complex scope.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Design and develop new interconnect products, including high speed connectors, connector cable assemblies, and miscellaneous related mechanical hardware for datacom and telecom applications such as hubs, servers, switches, routers, HBA servers, and RAIDS.
- Help lead the organization in identification, evaluation, and implementation of new technologies and methodologies to enable next generation products, improve costs and quality, as well as improve New Product Development (NPD) engineering processes.
- Provide leadership, support, and guide less experienced team members on multiple NPD projects.
- Work with marketing and external customers to help define new project opportunities and strategize on overall design.
- Support application and interface of Molex products to customer systems.
- Provide technical support to consolidate inputs from Marketing, customers, and external consultants into product concepts and detailed requirements.
- Lead new product development, debug, release, and validate product design.
- Perform engineering analyses and tests and submit product for screen and qualification testing in the reliability lab.
- Present concepts and detailed requirements internally and to customers to obtain support for development of major new products.
- Follow all product development steps from concept inception, refinement of detailed product design, supply tooling group models and drawings for quoting and tool build.
- Responsible for follow-up, documentation, publishing, and expediting all action items of a new product program.
- Prepare and complete all relevant engineering documentation.
- Interface with internal departments (electrical engineering/signal integrity, manufacturing, quality, reliability lab, and marketing), and external suppliers to ensure design objectives are met in a timely manner and assist by providing product information, engineering samples and technical advice.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in electro-mechanical product design and development
- Technical leadership experience (leading a project/initiative, mentoring team members, etc.)
- Experience with product development for electronics industries
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Expert use of Tolerance Analyses
- Experience with advanced parametric 3D CAD systems
- Design experience with products manufactured using the following processes: progressive die stamping, injection molding, and insert molding
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree or PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- Siemens NX experience
- Design experience with high speed, high density connectors, cable assemblies, and interconnect products
- Design experience with products manufactured utilizing electroplating and automated assembly
- Knowledge of regulatory agency testing requirements (e.g., UL/CSA, NEBS, EMC/EMI requirements)
- Good understanding and practical knowledge of Six Sigma quality development tools and principles (DOE, FMEA, etc.)
- Understanding and application of sound project management techniques
Molex brings together innovation and technology to deliver electronic solutions to customers worldwide. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a full suite of solutions and services for many markets, including data communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle and medical.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.