Senior Analyst (Packaging)
This job posting is no longer active.
Georgia-Pacific’s Packaging and Cellulose Segment is seeking a Senior Analyst to support our Digital Print Business. This role will be based in Cincinnati, OH at our Hummingbird™ offices. Systems knowledge and pricing processes will be key as we look to implement a new OTC/Cost system. The Senior Analyst is responsible for supporting deals and special projects where they manage the Request for Proposal (RFP) process from the beginning to the end including submitting quotes in the preferred customer format. These bids can span multiple months and multiple rounds. Senior Analyst is also responsible for developing Decision Making Framework (DMF) models for leadership reviews and approvals.
Georgia-Pacific LLC is a global leader in the Packaging Business. We manufacture standard corrugated containers as well as many specialty-packaging products, for many industries. With speed and agility, Hummingbird™ digital print solutions for packaging delivers magnificent graphics and a print-on-demand capability, with no need for lithographic labels or flexographic plates. With the flexibility of printing what you want, when you want it, Hummingbird enables you to expand and enhance your brand experiences while reducing obsolescence, optimizing your supply chain, and getting products to market faster.
Safety. Sustainability. Customer Focus. Innovation. Quality. Value Creation. These are the strands in our DNA that set us apart. When you take a closer look, you’ll discover that they are evident in everything we do.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Manage the Request for Proposal (RFP) process from the beginning to the end.
- Help the sales team frame up the opportunity by analyzing the bid and identifying what business we want to pursue, including which plants are the best fit.
- Gather required costing input from sales, end customer, production, or other resources. Make process and product assumptions on inputs that are not provided or available to complete estimation.
- Identify data omissions and discrepancies, and obtain complete and correct information from National Account Managers or Sales Reps (utilizing CRM as necessary) .
- Obtain input from customer communications, sales, and utilize Georgia-Pacific pricing guidelines to strategically quote customer Request for Quotes and multi-component opportunities, for both new and existing customer programs to maximize Georgia-Pacific’s total profit margin.
- Coordinate as necessary on any complex bids and/or items (e.g., strategy, design, etc.) with Pricing Manager.
- Enter information in core system to generate costing estimates to validate profitability based on pricing.
- Identify a proposed production process of how product will be transformed from corrugated board to shipped product. Identify the equipment, processes and resources needed based on product specifications and order/release quantities.
- Work with approved vendors to obtain outside quotes for outside purchased materials (e.g. custom labels, tooling, miscellaneous items, freight, assembly costs, etc.) as required to complete costing.
- Follow Georgia-Pacific’s established processes to complete all required steps for the costing and pricing process. If a process is not in place, work with users to develop, document, approve and implement new processes. Review existing processes for opportunities to improve.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of production machines, including how they are set-up and run for optimum efficiency.
- Seek out opportunities to provide enhanced and automated solutions to the commercial and management teams.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in a roles(s) focused on Costing, Strategic Pricing, Analytics, or Finance functions that also required knowledge of financial statement impacts and key drivers
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint)
- Advanced Excel Skills (spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, lookups, data manipulation/analysis, formula creation and knowledge of macros)
- Able to travel up to 10% (including overnight stays) if needed
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related discipline
- Packaging / Consumer Products / Manufacturing Industry experience
- Graphic Packaging /Corrugated Box and/or Display management experience
- Experience supporting a sales team, providing analysis, developing a point of view
- Experience creating dashboards and working with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Project management experience: i.e. Amtech, ESCO, BVP, HRMS (Harry Rhodes), Kiwi software (or similar)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.