Senior Mechanical Engineer
Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) is a rapidly growing organization made-up of 12 companies that serves customers with innovative, engineered-to-order solutions. Our future is in the development of transformational connected product platforms that integrate equipment, data analytics, closed-loop controls and services. KES exists to create value for our customers. By harnessing the expertise and resources of the KES family of companies, we can offer customers direct access to commercial excellence, operational excellence, innovation, and talent that is unrivaled in the industries we serve.
KES is looking to hire a SR Mechanical Engineer to provide leadership, experience and guidance supporting the transformation and growth of our business. The SR Mechanical Engineer will bring expertise in heat exchanger design, manufacturing knowledge as well as align with our shared value system to provide guidance in challenging situations. This position requires a strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and constantly review competing priorities. They will work closely with complex project teams across multi-functional support groups and communicate clearly across all teams throughout the project scope including direct customer interfacing to solve problems and troubleshoot accordingly. This role is open to candidates in Wichita, Tulsa and Houston.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform mechanical design of heat exchanger and pressure vessels to meet the requirements of ASME Section VIII Div. 1, customer specifications, and other relevant API and industry standards
- Perform structural calculations for heat exchanger and support structure to withstand the effects of wind, seismic, motion, and external piping loads
- Utilize Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools, when required, to perform stress analysis of complex geometries
- Work proactively with supply chain and manufacturing teams to apply Design for Manufacturability methodology
- Understand the requirements of the different pressure equipment regulatory authorities and co-ordinate with them for design registration
- Ensure designs are completed accurately in a timely manner per the assigned schedule
- Provide all relevant information to the design team such as material requirements, testing requirements, design sketches for completion of the design package.
- Complete the engineering package to meet all project requirements
- Provide technical assistance to sales and other cross functional teams, as required
- Work closely with customer to resolve technical issues and attend project meetings, as required
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years of working design knowledge of ASME Sect. VIII Div. 1 Code
- At least 3 years of working experience in the design of heat exchangers and or pressure vessels
- Knowledge of TEMA, API 663, and API 660 standards
- At least 5 years of working experience with Auto Cad, Mathcad, and MS Office Suite software
- At least 5 years or working experience in an ETO environment and/or with an OEM
- Experience with application of technical specifications from oil and chemical companies
What Will Put You Ahead
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- P.E. License
- Experience understanding and applying Section VIII Div. 2 Code
- Experience using Autodesk Inventor
- Knowledge of NACE standards, API 934, and API 941
- Experience working with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Experience working with Hairpin and double pipe Heat Exchangers
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com