Koch-Glitsch is a global leader in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art mass transfer and mist elimination products for the chemical, petrochemical, refining, gas processing, pharmaceutical, and specialty industries.
Koch-Glitsch offers a complete line of mass transfer products, including high performance and conventional distillation trays; random, severe services (grid), and structured packing in metal or plastic; and tower internals for distillation, absorption, stripping and extraction columns.
Within our corporate office in Aprilia, Koch-Glitsch is seeking a Design Engineer who will serve as the primary technical contact for customers and manage detailed engineering phase till approved for fabrication drawings.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Assess purchase order technical requirements, and ensure proposed technical solutions meet or exceed the contract specifications and Koch-Glitsch best practices
- Develop detailed engineering solutions to accommodate system requirements based on mass transfer efficiency and hydraulic operating capacity
- Define the structural design requirements for effective installation and support of the mass transfer equipment at the system operating conditions
- Develop internal specifications in the form of data sheets and CAD sketches to convey key design parameters to the drafting department for each engineered to order project
- Participate in value engineering and development efforts to enhance standard design and manufacturing practices, and improve design tools
The Experience You Will Bring
- Able to manage and prioritize deliverables of concurrent projects
- Communicate effectively and professionally
- Master’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Full proficiency in English and Italian (level B2 as minimum)
- Strong problem-solving aptitude with good decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Very strong knowledge of fluid dynamics
- Knowledge and ability to perform structural calculations
- MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- AUTOCAD proficiency
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with INVENTOR and/or 3D drafting tool
- Experience as Design or Project Engineer in Oil & Gas business
- Additional language (German, Russian, Chinese, French, Spanish)