The Loadshop team at KBX Logistics is growing our brokerage capabilities and we are looking for a Freight Buyer to join us! By strategically quoting and negotiating rates, this role will help grow and strengthen KBX Logistics’ brokerage business with current and prospective customers of Loadshop, our digital freight marketplace. A successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication, the ability to collaborate with a diverse audience, and the ability to build lasting and mutually beneficial relationships.
Who is KBX Logistics?
KBX Logistics is the true transformer of the 3rd party logistics (3PL) industry. Waste is our enemy; status quo is our nemesis. Our mission? Create a competitive advantage for our partners by delivering logistics technology and solutions that others can’t or simply won’t. If disrupting an industry appeals to you, this company is where you belong.
KBX Logistics is the product of over 100 years of evolution and revolution. We got our start as a small transportation team in 1919 and are currently one of the largest 3PLs in the US. With Koch Industries as our parent company, the challenge is to always be thinking bigger and better. We have more than doubled in size over the past 5 years and we’re just getting started—join us!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Quote and negotiate prices for transactional brokerage business customers utilizing the Loadshop platform
- Grow business with current customers in alignment with account growth strategy plans and market demand
- Work closely with Account Leads to provide solutions for prospective and current customers
- Understand market trends and how that affects pricing and capacity
- Build and sustain positive relationships with customers, teammates, and carriers
- Collaborate with teammates to analyze data and industry trends to identify opportunities to improve service and/or cost for customers
The Successful Candidate Will Have the Following Characteristics
- Ability to negotiate and influence others’ decisions
- Driven by the opportunity to grow a new capability
- Motivated by a sense of urgency, a will to win, and a talent for training
- Effective communication/customer service skills, both in-person and on the phone
- Ability to build relationships quickly
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1+ year of experience in truckload transportation pricing
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word to write business correspondence, Excel for use of spreadsheets, reporting and simple formulas, and Outlook for internal and external correspondence
What Will Put You Ahead
- Negotiation experience in a corporate environment
- Experience working in transportation brokerage
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com