Port Hudson (LA) Procurement Operations has an immediate opening for a Buyer at our facility in Zachary, Louisiana. Working under the general supervision of the Area Purchasing Manager, the Buyer manages purchasing activities in a high volume, time-critical environment. The successful candidate will possess experience with Maintenance Repair and Operating (MRO) supplies, direct materials, chemicals, equipment spare parts and services from external vendors. The individual is knowledgeable about national, regional and local contract agreements and assures compliance with applicable corporate and local policies and guidelines.
**This role is not eligible for sponsorship**
What You Will Do In Your Role
• Utilizes company’s purchasing system to process purchase orders from requisitions.
• Ensures the contractual document accurately reflects the terms and conditions of purchase, including payment terms, freight terms, incoterms, and other key commercial terms.
• Issues requests for quotations, analyzes and evaluates quotes, negotiates price and terms, and exercises independent judgment to select suppliers based on lowest total cost of ownership.
• Knowledgeable of Company’s strategic supply agreements and utilizes these to maximize value.
• Collaborates with internal requestors to understand requirements (e.g., specifications, scopes of work, performance and timing requirements.)
• Supports after-hour emergency orders / weekend duty
• Demonstrates high level customer focus and sense of urgency.
• Uses strong verbal and written communication skills to solve problems and provide status updates to customers and suppliers (e.g., commitment dates).
• Works to build strong partnerships within their operating areas or commodity group to help drive transformation and innovative solutions to reoccurring issues.
• Analyzes root causes of accounts payable exceptions and takes steps to resolve and prevent.
• Initiates changes to improve the effectiveness of the purchasing process.
• Ensures adherence to all safety, environmental and purchasing policies, guidelines and procedures.
• Manages own time to accomplish goals and prioritize a variety of tasks.
The Experience You Will Bring
• Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of procurement related experience
• Experience in purchasing or similar field (e.g. store room, inside sales, accounting, supply chain analyst)
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word (document creation), Excel (spreadsheets), and Outlook (email and calendar), Ariba, eHana tools
What Will Put You Ahead
• Knowledge of purchasing process and procedures and key commercial terms such as freight payables, incoterms, delivery terms, S4 ERP System.
• Experience in negotiating contracts at a local or regional level.
• Experience working in a manufacturing or maintenance environment.
• Advanced Excel knowledge to include pivot tables and data analysis.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com