CUSTOMER LOGISTICS SPECIALIST
KBX Logistics is looking for a highly motivated, self-starter Customer Logistics Specialist to join our Business Development team! We are looking for an individual who enjoys building and sustaining relationships with customers by working directly with them daily with a goal of growing the business. When in this role you get to have your hands in a little bit of everything! As acting as the face of KBX Logistics to our customers you will get the chance to monitor service, coordinate with customers and internal departments on initiatives, and so much more!
KBX Logistics is a leader in supply chain logistics, providing its customers with cutting-edge technologies and innovative data analytics solutions for their freight needs. KBX Logistics approaches freight logistics through optimization that enhances service, increases capacity and reduces costs in a safe, sustainable, and efficient way. KBX Logistics is a subsidiary of KBX, a Koch Industries Inc. company. Based in Wichita, Kansas, Koch Industries is one of the largest private companies in America, with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. For more information on KBX, visit www.KBX.com.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Act as the "face" of KBX Logistics by being the day to day point of contact for assigned customers, and providing exceptional daily customer service through communicating effectively and proactively to our customers
- Monitor and track transportation shipments from order entry and acceptance, to final delivery
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with customers, and identify opportunities to grow business with existing customers
- Coordinate with customers and various internal departments to ensure service and cost metrics are met or exceeded while balancing profitability through utilizing available tools- including analyzing Power BI reports, and transportation management systems
- Manage projects within customers relationships, working to carry out customers' requirements while meeting company goals
- Using professional judgment to assess the impact of tactical decisions/actions on the client, and works to resolve customers complaints in an effective and respectful way
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customers' expectations and requirements, and anticipate key account changes
- Report and analyze key performance indicators, and through strategic planning implements action plans to eliminate root causes of recurring issues to drive down costs, improving service, and maximizing KBX profitability
- Present metrics on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, and customers
The Experience You Will Bring
- 1+ years' experience in a transportation, logistics or customer facing position
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to travel up to 10% depending on start-ups
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead
- 1+ years' experience working directly with clients and customers
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com