Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor to support our Mechanical Team in the Utilities Area at our Foley Cellulose facility in Perry, Florida. The Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor will work with leaders from maintenance, operations, and engineering to develop both short-term and long-term maintenance strategies to ensure the safety, reliability and performance of maintenance area equipment while providing leadership, coaching and direction for 16 Mechanical Maintenance Technicians.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for the performance and development of mechanical maintenance team by Demonstrating strong leadership skills and habits of “best practice”
- Managing and development of weekly schedules for mechanical maintenance crafts from planned work provided
- Managing mechanical maintenance resources and work orders, giving priorities to Safety Work Orders and PM’s
- Investigating injuries and ensure an incident reports and RCA’s are completed with follow through
- Using economic thinking to fill necessary resource gaps
- Exhibiting strong leadership skills to motivate and develop a team of hourly employees to continuously improve performance of the individual employees and overall business
- Fostering and developing culture based on our Market Based Management (MBM®) Philosophy
The Experience You Will Bring
- Three years or more of industrial mechanical or military experience
- Maintenance supervisory experience within a manufacturing, industrial or military environment
- Experience leading improvement efforts in reliability, predictive and preventative maintenance
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel (spreadsheet creation & editing), Outlook (scheduling meeting invites & emailing), PowerPoint (creating & giving presentations) and Word (creating & modifying documents)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or Technology) or higher
- Experience using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) (i.e. - Passport preferred)
- Experience in Pulp & Paper Industry
- Experience leading root cause failure analysis
- Proven troubleshooting training/experience
- Experience implementing precision maintenance techniques to improve equipment reliability
- Experience with repairing/troubleshooting pumps, gearboxes, mechanical drive systems, and hydraulics systems
The Foley mill, which has been in operation since 1954, has the capability to produce over 460,000 tons of Dissolving, Specialty and Fluff cellulose each year. Our fluff pulp is delivered to customers worldwide for a variety of high-end uses & converting technologies, including clothing, tires, shampoo, diapers, filters & towels. To learn more about Georgia-Pacific’s Cellulose and Packaging Business, check out the links below:
Get to Know Georgia-Pacific Cellulose (Video)
Perry, Florida is approximately 50 miles outside of Tallahassee - Florida’s state capitol and home to Florida State and Florida A&M Universities! You also are within a short driving distance of several beautiful sand beaches of the Gulf Coast and can venture out to St. George’s Island for some fresh seafood and boating.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com