Paper Machine Assistant Superintendent
This job posting is no longer active.
***This position has a $15,000 Sign On Bonus & Relocation Assistance***
Georgia-Pacific in Perry, FL is seeking a Paper Machine Assistant Superintendent known internally as a Manufacturing Engineer- Paper Machine for our Pulp Drying operations. As the area owner, this role is responsible for the daily operations of our #2 pulp dryer (i.e. paper machine) area, as well as to maximize the long-term value of Safety, Environmental, Production, and Cost. This role works closely with the Asset Availability Leader, Reliability Coordinator, and Maintenance operating team to prioritize work scheduling, is responsible for the department’s maintenance and capital plan, and for managing the timely completion of safety work orders. A successful candidate would be a strong analytical and critical thinker with the ability to contribute to the improvement of the department and mill operations.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Promote an environment where the team achieves zero incidents in Environmental, Health, Safety and Process Safety
- Day to day optimization of the machine area by supporting process operations with troubleshooting & analysis of current systems to improve the effectiveness and overall operational efficiency by reducing operator interventions to control the process, reducing variation, and increasing the reliability of the equipment
- Working closely with the other process manufacturing engineers, operating teams, finishing and logistics departments and maintenance staff to identify issues and develop improvement plans for area assets
- Support development of the maintenance spend plan and capital plan for the area while providing technical support for maintenance planning and execution.
- Partner with corporate teams to implement new technologies that are consistent with company initiatives
- Ensuring appropriate training is available for area operations and working with equipment operators to create process work documents
- Reviewing the daily performance of the #2 pulp dryer machine to determine gaps (i.e. breaks, quality, output)
- Developing and executing gap closure plans as a result of root cause analysis of customer complaints
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher OR in lieu of a degree, five years of leadership experience within a paper machine environment
- Experience working with paper machines or pulp dryers within a pulp or paper environment
- Experience with MS Office: Word (create documents), Excel (formulas/graphing data) and Outlook (email/ schedule meetings)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Pulp and Paper Science
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Experience using PTMS, PI, Process Explorer or PPIS Products.
- Previous experience developing action/ improvement plans to address operational gaps to help improve business results
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com
This job posting is no longer active.