MILLWRIGHT CLASS 2
Are you self-motivated and enthusiastic with a passion for maintenance? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is seeking a safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Maintenance Millwright in Taylorsville, MS. This role creates value by ensuring machine reliability through troubleshooting and preventative maintenance techniques on industrial plant equipment. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity, and we are very interested in learning about you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery
- Installing and aligning new equipment
- Performing periodic maintenance routines including lubricating machine tools and equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Maintaining accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventative maintenance findings
- Working with the operations and maintenance teams to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participating in safety program
- Ability to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Ability to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing safety equipment
- Ability to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year or more of experience working in a mechanical maintenance position within a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- Experience working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience using a cutting torch and welding with an arc welder
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, and conveyors
- Experience reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, and lubrication
What Will Put You Ahead
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing company with a focus on mechanical and reliability maintenance
- Two (2) year technical degree or higher in Industrial Maintenance Technology or similar program
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Experience in precision maintenance practices such as lubrication, alignment techniques, and precision measuring
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf