At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our Georgia-Pacific Facility in Muskogee, OK is searching for an Electrical Technician to join our team.
This is an experienced skilled crafts position that creates value by Understanding PLC programming, electrical systems, troubleshooting, and ensuring production equipment operates at optimum performance levels to meet productivity goals. This position will support the long-term quality and production goals of the organization by demonstrating teamwork and initiative and by adhering to all safety standards and codes.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ensuring proper operation and maintenance of all electrical/control system components to include: electronic components, motors, solenoids, valves, limit switches, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), I/O modules, photo-eye sensors and power distribution systems
- Working as a team with the Supervisors, Maintenance Coordinator, and Operations to plan, procure and document activities for the enhancement of electrical maintenance within the facility
- Sharing knowledge with other technicians as it relates to maintaining and troubleshooting PLCs and controls
- Applying all applicable codes, regulations, reliability strategies, corporate and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) standards
- Improving operations productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, and coordination of labor, parts, material, tools, and equipment access
- Reviewing, developing, and/or modifying work orders for all plant equipment and entering work orders into the facility maintenance system
- Contacting vendors and manufacturers as needed for support with issue resolution
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment as required by specific jobs
- Potentially working a shift schedule when business needs demand to provide around the clock support to operations
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- One of the following:
- Associate or Technical degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Systems, Instrumentation, or Electronic Technology
- At least two (2) years of electrical/electronic/control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to work all of the following as needed: shift, overtime, weekends, on-call, and holidays
- Experience reading and following electrical and maintenance schematics/blueprints
- Basic PLC systems integration experience, including Basic PLC programming logic and troubleshooting equipment while online with the PLC
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience with systems integration to include advanced PLC troubleshooting experience and understanding Arrays and Servo control within the PLC logic
- Experience with HMI Programming
- Experience with Instrumentation and controls loops
- Experience with Programming Variable speed frequency drives.
- Experience with Servo systems (A-B)
- Experience with Fanuc robots
- Experience in one of the following troubleshooting: Allen-Bradley (A-B) Guard-Logix or A-B Control-Logix PLC’s
- Associates degree or higher, plus more than one year working in a manufacturing environment
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruite
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com