Technician Capability Leader
Our Georgia-Pacific mill in Pennington, AL is seeking innovative and forward thinkers to consider for our Technician Capability Leader opportunity. The Technician Capability Leader will partner with the GP Naheola Paper Mill operations leadership team to advance the capability of all hourly employees within the area, implementing and executing a capability development process which yields positive performance in safety, quality, production and reliability. This position reports to the Paper Mill Production Leader. Long-term value is created through the application of the company’s business philosophy of Market Based Management and Georgia-Pacific’s Guiding Principles.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead and foster a safety culture that values risk identification and personal ownership, through a principle-based approach
- Lead and mentor hourly employees to apply MBM in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles and Operations Excellence tools to improve capability and performance
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge between team members enabling them to succeed
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers to create Skills Matrix for operator positions or tech centers
- Work closely with our Shift Performance Coaches to maintain the Individual Development Plans (IPDs) for operators
- Foster an environment where the team strives for zero incidents in Environmental, Health and Safety performance metrics
- Collaborate with Production Leaders, Manufacturing Engineers, Shift Performance Coaches, and other team members to identify and address operator performance gaps
- Proactively stay current in best practices and being a continuous learner
- Ensure the certification process leads to success within the product stream
- Provide resources to help team members develop their careers
- Constructively challenge the status quo to facilitate continuous improvement
- Lead training sessions and presentations for employees and leadership
- Embody a sense of urgency and initiative to independently deliver expected results
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED
- Five (5) or more years of manufacturing operations or military experience
- Two (2) or more years of experience tracking training efforts and training curriculum development
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools in the following manner: Excel (sorting data, creating tables and creating graphs); Outlook (scheduling tasks, calendar invitations and general professional correspondence); Word (document creation/editing); PowerPoint (presentation creation/editing)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Adult Learning, Engineering, Human Resources or Psychology
- Experience with application of adult learning principles
- Experience working with SharePoint and Learning Management Systems (Convergence)
- Pulp and Paper industry experience
- Work experience in a union environment
Georgia-Pacific’s Naheola Mill located in Pennington, Alabama, is a manufacturing site for the company’s well-known consumer products business. More than 900 employees produce a wide range of products for the consumer business, including Angel Soft® bath tissue, Sparkle® paper towels, as well as bleached paperboard used in Dixie® paper cups and plates.
The mill is the largest employer in the community and is engaged in supporting community outreach, workforce development and education. The area is a sportsman’s paradise with world-class hunting for deer, turkey and other small game and is bounded on the east by the Tombigbee River which provides such recreation as freshwater fishing, boating and water skiing. Residents of this area enjoy the mild climate, a low cost of living, and is an easy drive to the many resort communities and soft white-sand beaches of the Gulf Coast.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com