The Journey-Level Machinist – Mill operator will work as part of a team machining custom fiber optic components and fixtures. The ideal candidate will have some experience in mechanically challenging jobs with shown success in the ability to collaborate.
Schedule is Monday to Friday with a flexible start time between 6:00am and 8:00am.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Set-up and operate all jobs routed to the assigned machines with little oversight and meet production deadlines.
- Communicate equipment or tooling issues to supervisor to ensure production schedules will be met.
- Maintains dimensional accuracy during machining processes frequently, machining to tolerances that are difficult to attain or hold.
- Develops and manufacture specialized tools to manufacture new parts, work rare metals or special alloys, or achieve special finishes.
- Occasionally performs machine work that requires new or untried procedures. Performs special setups and improvises conventional machines to perform special machining operations. This requires special knowledges of tooling, types of coolants, machine feeds, and speeds for special operations.
- Understand GD&T geometric dimensions and tolerance for defining engineering tolerances.
- Select proper tooling, fixtures, machining accessories, feeds, speeds and offsets.
- Inspect component parts to print using precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, thread gauges, plug gauges, comparator, stereoscope, etc. throughout the process.
- Complete required records and time scan-in and scan-out of billable jobs.
- Follow work instructions and accurately assemble, inspect and/or test products.
- Be able to use Mastercam software proficiently.
- Be able to edit programming and controls within software and on machines.
- Assist and participate in continuous improvements.
- Adhere to company safety requirements and work within established safety and quality standards.
- Comply with company ISO/Quality Management System requirements.
- Work as a team to meet operational quality objectives and metrics: on time to promise, quality, product yield, and hours completed.
- Occasionally performs heat-treating, welding, and soldering.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Five years experience as a CNC MILL Machinist.
- Process planning experience including shop routings, set-up sheets, tool lists, bills of material, assembly instructions and process sequences.
- Experience in assembly, machining, good machining practices, feeds, and speeds, non-standard threads, and ability to read and understand drawings, quality control, and safety.
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing or continuous improvement environment.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
What Will Put You Ahead
- A.A. degree or machinist certification preferred.
In order to comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, this position requires applicants to either provide proof of U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent resident status or be eligible to receive an export authorization (a license) under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com