Project Engineer - Vehicle Antenna Systems
At Molex we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. Connected Mobility Solutions (CMS), a business unit of Molex LLC, develops innovative products and manufacturing processes around Automotive (VAS) Vehicle Antenna Systems.
At Molex, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. Come join our journey.
As a Project Engineer you will be a part of our engineering team supporting the Vehicle Antenna Product development for our OEM Automotive customers. You will assist in the management of the engineering department activities and cross-functional team deliverables.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participate in the definition and planning of product development milestones and deliverables, manage these deliverables as directed, and ensure assigned project engineering team stays on track. Regularly update project status and share with stakeholders.
- Prepare & verify initial BOM and tooling cost calculation. Monitor costs associated with assigned project.
- Assist the Engineering Managers in the creation and maintenance of the Program Charts, timing and Action Item list to ensure deliverables and milestones are met based on agreed customer timing.
- Coordinate the resolution of design and manufacturing related issues discovered during validation testing.
- Coordinate engineering activities during customer assembly plants visits for design verification and issues resolution. Perform antenna-to-roof fit studies and measurements on vehicles at Molex and at the customer assembly plant
- Manage the engineering prototype samples delivery process. Make arrangement for sample builds for performance verification and for shipment to customer.
- Assist the Team as required in the support of production and the development of new products through reviews, root cause analysis, corrective action, discrepancy handling, lessons learned and defect prevention. Supporting engineering testing including building test fixtures, designing new test and experiments. Perform CAD studies including curvature and tolerance stack analysis, generate reports and presentations, and review ECOs.
- Manage engineering department DFMEA.
- Generate/facilitate documentation per Molex requirements and processes and quality certificates requirements. Assist in the creation/implementation of the processes and documentation for all new projects.
- Adheres to quality and safety systems or maintenance of quality and safety standards.
- Any other works or responsibilities as assigned from time to time by superior.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field, preferably Mechanical or Industrial
What Will Put You Ahead
- Previous experience of product design, manufacturing processes, and development life cycle activities.
- Experience with PLM systems, DFMEAs, and engineering change process.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com