Product Line Manager - Optical Solutions
Molex possesses a rich heritage in the optical industry. We provide the highest performing and field-proven wavelength management solutions from components, modules to integrated line-cards. Continuous innovation in passive component function integration, miniaturization, and manufacturing automation, cutting edge WSS and amplify technology and comprehensive optical, mechanical, electrical and software integration capabilities enable us to serve the needs of high-density, high-bandwidth, and flexible optical networks.
In Fremont, we serve large, global clients in telecom and datacom industries in providing next generation optical modules to support the growing need for data and communications. We are developing optical alignment techniques and opto-mechanical assemblies for Wavelength Selective Switches.
We are looking for a Product Line Manager to help manage optical products including amplifiers, components, switches, monitors and WDM. We are looking for someone that can manage a product line but also help set product strategy for planning and product roadmap.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Participates in long term new product planning (3 Year Plans, etc.) to ensure Molex product plans are in synch with market needs.
- Creates product line roadmaps that are aligned with group technology roadmaps and long-term strategies.
- Conducts the group product competitive analysis and committing to maintain the product competitiveness
- Manages particular product lines, takes ownership through product development life cycle from product conception, product growth, product maturity, and product declining stages
- Participates in developing the commercialization strategies and ensures that PM team follows these strategies
- Manages group product forecasts and streamlines product manufacturing (component obsolescence, supply chain issues and so on)
- Manages customer issues in collaboration with the Application and Support and Quality teams
- Improves profit and return on investment of assigned product lines.
- Undertakes and leads cost reduction, capacity planning, and quality improvement projects.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or other related disciplines
- Experience managing a fiberoptic product line
- Experience in datacom or telecom industry
- Experience in supporting product development and portfolio management
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com