Our Brookneal OSB facility in Gladys, VA is seeking an Electrician. Our Electricians are responsible for troubleshooting and repairing electrical issues on manufacturing equipment to ensure the facility is operating at its highest capacity. Electricians also perform preventative maintenance to ensure reliability of electrical components to meet the facility’s goals for quality and production. Our Electricians demonstrate critical thinking skills and work as team to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
Our Electricians are asked to work any shifts; twelve (12) hour rotating shifts that include weekends, holidays, and overtime.Our employees work in a tobacco-free environment.
Successful candidates will be detail oriented, have strong initiative and able to collaborate in a team-oriented environment effectively and efficiently.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance (PM) on electrical equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Repair, maintain and upgrade electrical manufacturing equipment
- Perform Programmable Logics Controllers (PLC) changes and programming
- Maintain accurate records such as labor hours, preventative maintenance, and service orders in the Maintenance software system (MP2 system)
- Adhere to and promote all safety policies to include wearing all necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Learn and comply with environmental and safety guidelines, policies, and permit requirements
- Prepare work orders
- Work in high places more than 80 feet, using man lifts and work in confirmed spaces
- Complete training to become CPR certified and First Aid trained
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with other team members in a team-based environment to accomplish assigned tasks
- Participate in special projects as assigned
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience using industrial test equipment; digital multimeters, ammeters
- Experience with running conduit and installing electrical infrastructure to code
- Experience troubleshooting electrical systems
What Will Put You Ahead
- Completion of an apprenticeship program, Associate’s degree or trade school certificate in the electrical field OR at least three (3) years of experience in the Industrial Electrical field
- Experience using Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) and Controls; identifying major components, wiring input/output cards, and reading basic ladder logic diagrams
- Experience troubleshooting hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience with fabrication and welding
- Experience using Allen-Bradley PLC’s
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf