Georgia-Pacific Gypsum LLC is seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team at the Las Vegas, NV facility. The Production Supervisor will provide expertise and leadership to drive continuous improvement of safety and compliance, quality, cost and reliability. The position will establish and reinforce the importance of applying MBM® to continue Las Vegas’s transformation into a world class manufacturer and distributor of Gypsum Board. Candidates must be self-motivated, able to prioritize, and work under pressure. The Production Supervisor will provide expertise to drive continuous improvement.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead human and equipment resources on assigned shift to ensure operation of the Las Vegas production process meets the established objectives including safety, quality, productivity and cost.
- Develop and present comprehensive plans to correct deficiencies to their assigned shift’s objectives.
- Lead, mentor and develop employees to apply Market-Based Management (MBM®) in ways that are consistent with Georgia-Pacific’s Guiding Principles
- Promote collaboration, teamwork and a high level of cooperation across the organization.
- Lead production efforts in a way that drives improvement in all associated work processes including safety, compliance, reliability, quality, production and costs.
- Ability to build employee capability through ongoing employee development and leading performance management processes.
- Ability to multitask in a high-volume environment, anticipate production and drive improvement opportunities.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED and 3+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience with manufacturing metrics such as productivity, spoilage, cost and reliability.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Wiling to work a 12hr. rotating shift including nights and weekends
What Will Put You Ahead
- Understanding of effective conflict resolution.
- Supervisory experience in a production environment with proven ability to solve departmental issues or concerns.
- Bachelors degree
- Excellent communication skills
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com