Are you ready to take the next step in your career but not sure how? Are you ready to start a career, rather than just a job? Do you like to be challenged while learning new skills? The Georgia-Pacific Martinsville, VA plant is looking to expand our team of talented individuals by hiring Operations Associates. Candidates selected for this role will have an opportunity to train with our experienced team members to learn the process of producing corrugated boxes from start to finish. Successful trainees will have the opportunity to move into various roles within our facility! This position's starting pay is $17.40 per hour, plus a shift deferential for 2nd and 3rd shifts.
Employees in this role are required to be available to work second or third shift. This may include overtime, holidays, and weekends. Hours for the shifts are as follows:
1st: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
2nd: 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
3rd: 11:00 pm – 7:00 am
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Perform housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, reducing hazards and maintaining the appearance of the plant
- Contribute to a team environment by cross-training and filling in for other operators during absences and breaks
- Complete and maintain daily inspections and downtime reports
- Maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience in manufacturing, farming, ranching, or industrial environment
- Experience working in the corrugated industry
- Two (2) or more years of continuous work in a high-speed, team-based manufacturing environment (picker-packer, dedicated assembly, and warehousing not applicable)
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf