Assistant Machine Operator - Spartanburg, SC
Georgia-Pacific is looking for Assistant Machine Operators (2nd or 3rd Shift) for our Spartanburg, SC corrugated packaging facility to safely assist with the production of corrugated sheets to be made into printed boxes for our valued customers. In this role, you will have the exciting opportunity to join a close-knit team dedicated to safety. Hard work pays off and will provide opportunity to advance in skillset and compensation with on-the-job training for roles throughout our facility. Motivated individuals are encouraged to apply!
Hours for shifts are as follows:
- 1stShift: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
- 2ndShift: 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- 3rdShift: 11:00 pm – 7:00 am (3rdShift starts Sunday night)
- Starting wages are $17.00 per hour with shift differentials of 2nd shift $.50 per hour & 3rd shift $.25 per hour.
- Ability to grow compensation based on skills and contribution to the overall performance of the plant.
- Spartanburg operates on a points-based attendance program.
- We offer competitive Benefits and Perks: 401k match, Health insurance, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Tuition reimbursement, Generous Employee Referral Bonuses, and a Free Employee Assistance Program. Eligible for 2 weeks’ Vacation after 6 months of service.
Employees in this role are required to be available to work first, second, or third shift. This will include overtime, holidays, and weekends.
Position Specific Details:
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Follow and be a steward of safety rules and procedures
- Assist operators prepare rolls for splices and order changes
- Assist crew members with cleaning and overall maintenance of the machines
- Assist in the emptying and baling of board waste as orders are produced
- Load and unload raw materials and waste
- Perform required quality inspections and tests, while maintaining accurate records of results
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Work in a hot/humid or cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Ability to work 2nd or 3rd shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required
Required Experience You Will Bring:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year of continuous employment history as a machine operator
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing setting
- Experience troubleshooting equipment or heavy machinery
- Previous experience working with computers
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf