Capital Project Manager
Georgia Pacific is seeking qualified candidates to be considered for a Capital Project Manager to join our team in Brewton, Alabama. This position is responsible for overseeing the successful completion of capital projects and managing the scope, schedule, cost, risk, quality, and resources of the projects. This requires successfully managing relevant project team personnel, setting deadlines, communicating with project owners about the state of the project, ensuring projects stay on track and on budget, and adjusting as needed to meet new requirements. Long-term value is created through the application of the company’s business philosophy of Market Based Management and Georgia-Pacific’s Guiding Principles.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Promote safety through proactive involvement in safety training, adherence to safety policies, and inclusion of company safety initiatives in project deliverables
- Develop project scope, objectives, and goals
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements
- Track project costs to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Identify and manage potential risks and liabilities, provide input to risk management plans, and anticipate risks that could adversely impact project success or mill operations
- Perform quality control throughout the project to maintain standards expected, specifications cited, and relevant governing body regulatory requirements - Ensure proper acceptance tests and inspection criteria are project integrated
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Participate in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans
- Participate in the development of criteria for, and evaluation of, equipment and technical suppliers
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress - Communicate with project owners to ensure alignment to project goals
- Delegate tasks to project team members best positioned to complete same and motivate them to complete tasks on time
- Participate in rotating weekend duty to provide operational support as project engineering representative on weekends and holidays
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three (3) or more years of project management experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word (i.e. creating documents), Excel (i.e. creating/updating spreadsheets), and Outlook (i.e. scheduling meeting invites & emailing)
- Must participate in rotating weekend duty
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Five (5) or more years of project management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Pulp and paper mill experience
- Experience with Microsoft Project
The Brewton Mill produces white top linerboard and solid bleached sulfate (SBS) paperboard. The SBS material is used to make GP's Dixie plates as well as a variety of cartons that require high-quality graphics including those for pharmaceuticals, DVDs, and cosmetics. White top linerboard is used in production of corrugated containers and displays. To learn more about our Bleach Board Division, visit www.gppackaging.com
Learn more about our Brewton facility and employees here: We Are: Brewton
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com