Are you looking for a career rather than a job? Are you looking for the next step in your career, in a company that supports it's employees and offers growth and opportunity? If you are safety-oriented and enjoy working in a team environment, you might be West Chester’s next Rewinder Operator! Georgia-Pacific is looking for individuals dedicated to safety to join our team as a Rewinder Operator for our packaging facility in West Chester, OH.
Rewinder Operators contribute to our overall success by ensuring paper roll stock is accurately processed through the rewinder to produce quality coated liners in a timely manner to meet the needs of the customer. Our operators work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed. This position starts at $18.96 per hour with huge growth opportunities, and also offers a $500 Retention Bonus after 90 days!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Preparing rolls, performing quality checks/data entry and completing change outs on the rewinder
- Setting-up, troubleshooting and making minor adjustments to the rewinder
- Performing preventative maintenance tasks and quality checks on the rewinder
- Performing housekeeping duties such as disposing of waste in hopper and sweeping debris around work area to ensure a safe and orderly work environment
- Operating the mobile equipment to safely move paper rolls to staging areas for shipping
- Operating the mobile equipment to safely load and unload roll stock
- Performing work that entail lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience or more working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working within the corrugated packaging industry
Experience working with sheeters, die cutters, and printing presses
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com