Payroll Operations Manager
Koch Business Solutions (KBS) is seeking a Payroll Operations Manager to join and lead our Payroll Operations Team. We are recruiting passionate, forward thinking individuals who are driven to innovate and love facing new challenges. In this role, you will lead a team of payroll professionals that are responsible for payroll processing, transactions, and the high-quality consumer experience of approximately 50,000 US and Canada employees. This role provides a great opportunity to coach and develop a high performing payroll team, identify and implement new business processes, and leverage automation. We are seeking a results-oriented, problem solver who is committed to delivering our services timely and accurately.
Koch Business Solutions (KBS) is the global problem-solver of business needs for Koch Industries, Inc. We serve more than 120,000 Koch employees worldwide and partner with 11 Koch companies from a diverse number of industries; from making fabric to manufacturing cell phone components. Since 2003 we have invested over $80 billion in acquisitions and other capital expenditures and are proud to reinvest more than 90% of our earnings back into our companies.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Ownership and oversight for end-to-end payroll processing of approximately 50,000 employees within the US and Canada. This includes accurate and timely weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly processing, transaction entry, upload of time, payroll balancing, QA/resolution of issues, and technical error resolution.
- Effectively direct the work of a team of 2-4 payroll leaders and 15 indirect reports
- Be a strong and visible leader: using your excellent interpersonal, team building, communication and influencing skills to drive positive outcomes and business value
- Coach and develop others regarding Koch payroll processes and best practices
- Ensure 100% compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and internal guidelines
- Plan-Lead-Execute and Maintain project work to ensure scope, timelines, and resources are managed optimally
- Seek knowledge and collaborate: you will identify opportunities, recommend solutions, and drive transformation!
- In this key role, you will further the delivery of optimal services and products that contribute to long-term operational excellence and value creation
- You will exemplify Market Based Management (MBM) guiding principles and drive profitable application of MBM and long-term operational excellence
The Experience You Will Bring
- Previous leadership experience of a Payroll, Accounting, Finance or related corporate capability team
- Proven experience developing talent to next level career progression and leading other managers
- Experience handling extremely sensitive and confidential matters, documents and/or data
- Experience supporting multiple vendors and internal customers in a fast paced and dynamic environment
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's degree or higher and/or a Professional Payroll certification
- Accounting, Finance or Tax experience = global company a plus!
- Experience driving transformation within the teams you lead
- Experience with SAP, ADP, Ceridian Dayforce, Infor, or Payworks
- Experience implementing a payroll and/or integrated financial system
- Process improvement and/or RPA (Robotic Process Automation) experience
- Experience with business analysis and data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, or Alteryx)
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf