Regional Production Scheduler
Georgia Pacific is seeking Regional Production Schedulers for our Gypsum division. The roles originate at our Corporate HQ in beautiful downtown Atlanta, GA but are not required to be based in Georgia. The roles will be responsible for execution and optimization of our production plan across multiple manufacturing facilities and external warehouses. Additional responsibilities include scheduling creation, inventory replenishment, and effective communication across multiple capabilities with a heavy focus on continuous improvement and optimization. Candidates should be self-starters and catalysts for change, serve as active challenge partners for customers, demonstrate the ability to think critically and analytically, and effectively collaborate with a diverse set of resources driving alignment on recommendations based on data.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Collaborate with manufacturing teams to provide optimal schedules that safely and profitably balance operational efficiencies with customer requirements
- Utilize data to ensure both finished goods inventory and intermediate inventory will meet customer requirements and achieve business goals
- Execute strategies over short and long-term planning horizons which can include changes in schedule frequency, inventory builds, and/or planned maintenance risk mitigation
- Continuously assess the effectiveness of the supply chain and seek opportunities to challenge the status quo to drive optimization and innovation
- Identify supply and demand imbalances facilitating resolution with sales and operations leaders using the Decision Making Framework
- Coordinate and collaborate with various organizational units including sales, customer service, manufacturing, shipping, and transportation
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably with a concentration in Industrial Management, Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance, Business, or related field
- Experience in a manufacturing, operations management, supply chain, customer service, OR financial/data analysis role (i. e. demand management, production planning, customer service, inventory management, quality management, production control, logistics, financial analysis
- Microsoft Office experience including Excel (create and modify spreadsheets using formulas, ability to manipulate data, ability to perform data analysis) and PowerPoint (communicate recommendations to cross-functional teams and leadership)
- Willing and able to travel approximately 10%
What Will Put You Ahead
- Master’s degree with a concentration in Industrial Management, Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance, or Business
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing, operations management, supply chain OR financial/data analysis role (i. e. demand management, production planning, customer service, inventory management, quality management, production control, logistics, financial analysis)
- Experience within a manufacturing industry
- Gypsum industry experience and/or extensive product knowledge
- Proficient in any ERP system (SAP, Oracle, oneLISA etc.)
- Proficient in any optimization/scheduling software
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com