Quality Inspector - Assembly Manufacturing
Shift: 1st Shift 6:30 am to 3:00 pm
Pay: $18.00 - $26.65 per hour
The Inspector-A role is critical to the operation of our Assembly Department, ensuring quality products are being produced and shipped to our customers. This role works with the team to ensure customer specifications are being met, or exceeded, and that proper inspection plans are being followed.
Molex offers a tremendous benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance. Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance. A 401K plan that matches $1 for $1 up to the first 4%, vested immediately and an additional 3% match at the end of the year, vested after 3 years. We also offer Parental Leave, Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance, and Educational Assistance. In addition to all of this, we also have a powerful Wellness program and an on-site fitness center.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Specific duties of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Submissions: New setups, end of runs and in-process resubmits as required by the Inspection plan & other related documents.
- In-process Inspection as required by the Inspection plan & other related documents.
- Document dimensional, visual, gauging, and functional inspection results as required by the Inspection plan & other related documents.
- Terminate production if product does not meet quality standards as required by the Inspection plan & other related documents.
- Verify and contain suspect or non-conforming product/components from the production floor and Warehouse as needed.
- Use Internal Quality Notification Process for non-conforming or suspect product/components.
- Communicate & assist with production and or mechanics clearly and with detail the understanding of the quality problem or defect.
- Follow all Work Instruction and D-Pros as assigned.
- Enter Confirmations/Scrap in SAP and or other shop floor control systems.
- Verify and maintain count accuracy of product stock both in SAP and physically.
- Responsible for the notification, review and understanding of changes needing made to inspection plans or changes that have already been made to inspection plans or part print.
- Operate, maintain, and understand all inspection equipment for the department.
- Collect data and record process capability, gage potential studies, and SPC as needed.
- Develop and maintain a ZERO Safety Incident & Zero Defects Culture at Molex according to MBM principals.
- Train employees.
The Experience You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED (external applicants)
- Two years inspection experience
- Experience working with spreadsheets and word processing
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate degree in a technical field, related to quality
- Knowledge of SPC and GD&T Principles
- Ability to read blue prints
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com