Georgia-Pacific has openings for self-starters with the desire to learn new skills to fill our Production Worker positions in Corrigan, TX . This role is an entry-level hourly position which starts in the General Utility department with opportunities for advancement. In this position, you will be performing various manual tasks, learning multiple operator functions and completing routine preventative maintenance on equipment to ensure that multiple dimensions of plywood sheets are produced in a safe and efficient manner. If you have an interest in operating equipment and enjoy working safely with a team, we look forward to hearing from you! Pay for this position is $18.00/hr. Individuals need to be available to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed, especially for night shift.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Cross-train on production equipment to learn to operate production equipment and create a safe work space by maintaining cleanliness in assigned areas
- Adhere to all safety, health, and plant rules, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Work in a team environment to meet or exceed safety, production and quality goals
- Perform such tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least 8 hours a day in a hot, cold, noisy, or humid industrial environment
- Maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position in an industrial environment as listed in the position
- Six months of previous manufacturing experience
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience using a computer
- At least 1 year of experience in the plywood, lumber, or timber industry
- Experience operating a forklift
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf